Payback Risk Management System
The new reimbursement act will be implemented in Poland on January 1st, 2012. The law imposes an obligation of payback mechanism. Under the new legislation a maximum reimbursement limit will be set for a given drug group and if exceeded, the difference will be paid by the drug manufacturer.
Therefore the primary objective is to obtain assurance that the way of monitoring the situation on the reimbursement market is optimal. This allows appropriate response that will ensure the highest possible revenues.
In response to the new law Arcana Institute offers support and solution in the form of Payback Risk Management System. The system will allow continual monitoring of the market situation for the estimated payback amount in a given reimbursement limit group. Client will be also provided with assessment of the consequences of its market activities in order to avoid or reduce the payback amount.
- Continuous forecast of payback amount for all medicinal products within a given reimbursement limit group
- Taking into account the likely actions of market competitors
- Identification of optimal market activities for a client to avoid or minimize the payback
- Presentation of extreme scenarios (most positive/most negative)
Benefits for a Client
- Ability to predict potential actions of competitors after the introduction of new regulations.
- Obtaining information on the likely size of the payback amount having taken into account possible actions of competitors, so the results would best reflect the real future situation.
- Estimation of consequences for the reimbursement revenues of Client’s actions which allow to decrease payback.
- Possibility of applying a clear and conscious decision-making on measures to optimize the relationship between the planned volume of income and acceptable amount of payback.
- Constant monitoring of market situation and information about the distribution of payback amount among the drugs within a given reimbursement limit group. Therefore providing support in responding quickly and solving management problems in prices or sales volume changes, and appropriately responding to change of group reimbursement limit or competitors’ actions.